Tag! You’re It, McKinley! KKKatie1 Grows Stronger By the Day

by Andrew Dalton on April 13, 2010

Look out, pobrecito, KKKatie1 (or is it KKKattey?) has been popping up around the neighborhood, but we neglected to post photos because an endless stream of graffiti pictures does not an interesting blog make.

Anyhow, we started noticing her (presumably she’s a she) work on DPT’s flashing-light sawhorse things that were standing guard over some parking spots on Divis at Fulton. And putting her name on the abandoned billboard on Hayes just East of Divis probably didn’t hurt her brand either. Now SFCitizen brings us this photo of her handiwork on the William McKinley statue on the Baker Street end of the panhandle.

Mr. Citizen would like you to know that we, the tax payers, just dropped $10 grand for those scribblings*. But pardon me if I get all existentialist and agree with KKKatie when she says “All this means nothing.”

Oh and do let us know if you spot any others?

*Technically, we dropped $10 grand to have the statue cleaned and coated with anti-graffiti coating. Perhaps we should put that money towards researching anti-graffiti coatings that, you know, work?

14 Responses to “Tag! You’re It, McKinley! KKKatie1 Grows Stronger By the Day”

1. whir says:

This obnoxious tagger also got embarrassingly drunk and tagged up the font at Grace Cathedral, among other idiotic hijinx.

2. Wow, interesting development! I saw this post on MM, but didn’t go through the comments. Bummer, she coulda been a contender. (Doubtful!)

3. [...] talked briefly before about KKKatie (real name: Katherine Dunbar), the aggressive and reportedly unbalanced tagger with a [...]

4. Travis says:

Obviously the woman has serious issues and needs help not nasty commments. Of course it’s no fun to accept the obvious, and it’s easy to pick on someone who is helpless. Any excuse to hate the Klan is always welcome it’s really something to be able to hate with societies approval, so I say enjoy beating up on her, she neither knows or cares, and if that gets boring go torture some small helpless animal, because after all it is she who needs help…

5. Is someone with a can of spray paint and a desperate need for attention “helpless”?

Either way, thanks for your comment. It makes only slightly more sense than the garbage this girl has been spreading all over town. I apologize for setting off your “KKK” Google alert.

6. batfish says:

So you’re a fan of the KKK, are you, Travis? You equate disgust for this woman’s freakish propagandizing for a hate group with torturing small animals?

Says a lot about you, dude.

7. arturo says:

Only in SF can a racist vandal get love and hugs for her criminal behavior from the likes of “Travis”

Travis news flash: the KKK are assholes. People who ruin public property are assholes. And people who cuddle them and celebrate them and praise them like you do? Fill in the blank.

8. baren says:

yeah as arturo said only in sf can someone get away with this and no one even cares i hope she moves to another state we may never hear from her again which would be cool

9. jie says:

kkkatie is a cunt

10. Well, that’s not very nice. But I’ll allow it.

11. slippo says:

All taggers are worthless a**holes. They have no lives. They have no reason to exist. They have no talent. They are excess waste.

12. GOPeepee says:

I see a lot of talent in the tagging I see around the world….check your own heads.

13. please... says:

14. please... says:

To jie: please do not use violent language if you are accusing someone of doing just that. The term you used to refer to this girl (whom I am not defending) is one that is loaded and, akin to swastikas, a symbol of intolerance and hatred. As a Jewish woman, I find both incredibly offensive and hurtful. Yes: my family was killed the Holocaust, and I have women in my family who were killed because of their genders (as women). So please, think a bit more before you speak. Thanks.